Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Love

I stare at myself in the mirror
And realize how fast I've grown
It felt like just yesterday I was still a little girl
Just yesterday I graduated from college
Now I'm working the 8-5 job

Sometimes when I wonder about the future
I wonder what it holds for me....
Will I marry a good man?
Will he love me til death do us apart?
Will we have 4 cute little kids and a puppy?
What kind of house will I be living in?
What kind of job will he have?
Or what kind of job will I be doing?
Will he love my parents?
Will we fight?
Will I be happy?

When we're in high school we prepare to go to college.
When we're in college we prepare to get that career job we wanted.
Now we have a starting point in that career and work to get even better at it...what about love?

This is where it's true, that we can have everything in this world, hope and faith, but if not love, we would still be incomplete.

Whatever the future holds, I hope that it revolves around love.
Have you ever wanted that so much that you search for it in everything you do and even the ones you are currently with, but find yourself empty.

My answer to that always comes back to because I need to seek God. All the times in my life that I felt fulfilled and stopped searching was because he was always present and consciously there.

No comments:

Post a Comment